Long Weekend

Posted by on July 2, 2017

I haven’t even started on the lift for my kayak trailer, so I still can’t go kayaking. It’s been raining way too much, anyway. I have been making the most of the weekend, and trying not to inflict too much stress on my spine.

I worked a bit on the new mud pit in the woods, and the other day, I stirred the 110 gallon tub of mud. In the images attached to this post, I’m just kicking back in a pool float that got filled with rain water in the recent rain, and warmed by the sun. I was surprised at how warm the water was, given we have had more rain and clouds than sun.

I should also mention that the video associated with these images will be on UMD as a “name your price” video. That means you can get it for free when you’re purchasing any other video from any UMD producer; or you can pay something for it, if you wish.

4 Responses to Long Weekend

  1. Dolphin

    Hello Doug…

    In the first middle and last photos, the water almost looks like oil…maybe baby oil…clear.
    It is encouraging to hear you’re up to some activities.

    • mudbondage

      I’m actually doing really well, thank you. I need to remind myself that I’m supposed to act like someone who recently herniated 2 discs. As long as I don’t push too hard, I have no pain. If I can avoid re-injuring myself, I should be as good as new in a few months.

  2. Dolphin

    Hello Doug…

    You seem to be doing everything right…recoveries are usually slow with these things…at least that was true for me when I had the bypass surgery 12 years ago. It pays to listen to the doctors recommendations, follow them…and lo and behold things slowly improve. That was particularly true for the two knee replacements of a about three years ago. I’m doing fine now…going down to the beach tomorrow in the early AM to begin to rebuild my walking and running.

    So…stay with the routines and, who knows, you’ll be back giving us new adventures is quick time.

    • mudbondage

      The doctor was amazed that I was even walking when I went in about 20 days after the most recent incident. I credit a quick recovery to all of the physical therapy I had been doing before the Memorial Day incident, and to being in good physical condition and having a good diet.
      In any case, I am not even taking OTC pain killers and I haven’t had any pain in over a week. My biggest problem is convincing myself not to do anything too strenuous. I’m trying to behave for at least another month.